Monday, January 14, 2013

Flea Market Decorating: Mason's Ruler

I do a lot of decorating with items I find at flea markets and thrift stores. This weekend we went to one of our favorite flea markets in the area. On this particular day we found lots of treasures including some old glass bottles for my husband, a handmade antique hand broom for my daughter (she always wants to help me clean :), and some Wade figurines for my son. My treasure was this:


A mason's ruler. I have been on the lookout for one for awhile now, but most I see are priced between $7-12. Way out of my price range. Some are wooden and some are a tough cardboard like this one. You can bend them into some fun shapes. I chose a star. The bird figurine in front was a thrift store find that has been spray painted and the letter is a Hob Lob find on super clearance. The old bird food tin in the upper left corner was salvaged from my fil's barn.

What kind of flea market decorating do you do? Leave a link in the comments below...I would love to see!

1 comment:

  1. Hummmm ... Her husband is a Mason?? So is mine! I saw your posting on this known symbols, hence the question ... If not, do not answer, ok?
    Kisses and know that your blog is very beautiful!
    Luciana B Bulhões - Brazil.

    ReplyDelete