Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter Nature Table

I always feel the need to reorganize around the New Year. Now that we are homeschooling, keeping things organized is way more important then usual! I did a little reorganization of the dining room, which is where we do our homeschool. Part of this was to switch out the nature table with a nature shelf.

Sorry for the blurry picture! picmonkey.com is not nearly as awesome as picnic.com was :( I got the bookshelf for $5 at the thrift store. I love the color of the wood and it is perfect to store some of our school supplies. We use the top two shelves for our nature display.

We always pick a page from our "Farmer's Alphabet" book. I also crocheted some snowflakes and we fill a little felted wool bowl with items that remind us of winter. Actually they are mostly our fall items as there isn't much outside except snow!

My favorite part is our little Tomten that I found at the thrift store. On the bottom someone wrote "Sweden, 1977". One of our favorite holiday books we read this season was about a Tomten so I was really excited to find him :)
 
I hope you enjoyed our winter display and I hope you all have a wonderful new year!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment