Friday, February 22, 2013

Upcycled Gift Card Plant Markers



I have a huge pile of gift cards that I am slowly making a dent in. First I did my reusable gift tags which I love! I love the look of the chalkboard and was fooling around with the idea of making plant markers out of them. The obvious problem with that is, unless your plants are potted and on a covered porch, the rain is just going to wash away your chalk. I decided to keep the look of the chalkboard but keep it permanent by using black mat spray paint and a white paint marker (found at Joann's). Here is how they came out!

 
I LOVE how they turned out. The funny part is...they won't work in our garden. First we have 2-12 varieties of EACH of these so they would have to be a lot more specific. Also, weeds overtake our garden (over an acre) quickly which would render them useless. Oh well! They would make great gifts don't you think?
 
 
I used bamboo skewers for the back and I glued them on with "extra strength" glue gun glue that I found at Wal Mart. I will let you know if the "extra strength" part is legit. Side not: beware of the white paint marker. It will make you want to draw things on any black surface in your house. I keep hunting for new things to decorate with it! Let me know what you think of these and if you enjoy this please remember to share on your blog or Facebook page :)

1 comment: