Monday, February 6, 2012

Sewing Pattern Review: Simplicity 2295

Welcome to the first post of my new series of sewing pattern reviews!! To start off, I will be reviewing Simplicity pattern 2295, for a girl's apron and accessories. Below is a picture of the one I made for my daughter, and she loves it!

Eeeeek! Isn't is sooooooo cute?! I really really love how it turned out. Did I mention this was my first project to use ruffles?! Seriously, I never though I could figure it out! I am sure if an expert looked at them, they wouldn't look so great, but my daughter loves them and that is all that matters ;)

I am going to follow some basic pattern review questions to give you better details about the pattern and how I used it:

What can you make with the pattern: Aprons, tote, bag, felt whisk and bowl (you can add a crayon carrier to the tote or apron, which would be super cute!)

Pattern Sizing: 3/4,5/6,7/8

Did it turn out the way I wanted it to?: Yes! It looked just like the one on the package, and the sizing was perfect.

Were the instructions easy to follow?: Yes. You do need to know how to make ruffles. Just check out YouTube and search for "How to sew ruffles". There are some great tutorials if you don't know how to do it.

Fabric used: Basic cotton calico fabrics.

Would I sew it again?: Hecks Yes! I plan on using this pattern pretty much anytime I need a present for a little girl!

Other comments?: This was a great first ruffle project for me! It helped me move onto a more advanced "ruffle project" (review coming soon!". I would highly recommend this pattern (guess you probably figured that out by now right?!).

Here is another picture, with my daughter wearing it:


(BTW, you try and take that dang bottle from her!)
Check out the link below to get more info on the pattern, or purchase it so you can make your own super cute little apron!:




No comments:

Post a Comment