Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Party Pumpkin Patch

So we threw a little shindig for the little man for Halloween.  We invited all of his friends and cousins, had a bon fire, played games, and gave out little treat bags.  Here are some of the crafty things I did for the party...

These were the biggest hit on the snack table.  They are made of marshmallows, black icing, pretzel sticks, and spray green food coloring.  I couldn't for the life of me find the spray food coloring until I went to Hob Lob which was the last place on my list.  I just stuck the marshmallows on bamboo skewers when I sprayed them which made the process a lot cleaner!


I also made some recycled crayons for the treat bags.  I also included Halloween erasers, and pencils.  Not super exciting for the kids but I figured they all had enough candy!  These were made with jello molds which I found very difficult to work with.  I finally tried this process which worked the best...


I sprayed the molds, placed the broken crayon pieces in them, and filled the pan with about 1/2 in of water.  Then I simmered the water for about 5 minutes.  I am not sure what the long term effect would be on the molds but I only needed a couple more. 


I usually have a plain black G hanging above the bookshelf but I decided to make a spooky one.  For this I just decoupaged some scrap book paper to the letter. 


Some knitted pumpkins, I tried a different variation of stitches on each one but I really like how they all turned out.

And some spoooky paper towel ghosts...lol!  All in all the party was really fun and we will be doing it every year, I am sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment