Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Free Pattern: Classy Toddler Cloche

I just looove Downton Abbey so I have been wanting to make a cloche for my daughter for awhile and I finally sat down and did it! I like how it turned out, although I might try again using sc and making it a bit bigger. I thought I would go ahead and post the pattern here for this one (using hdc). This fits my daughter who is 3 1/2 and would probably fit a 3-4 year old. I have been getting quite a few emails lately from people asking me to adjust the pattern to fit a different size. As much as I wish I could do that, I really don't have the time so please keep that in mind when deciding if you should make this pattern or not. You should be able to judge if it will fit your little one as you are making it. This is an untested pattern so if you find a mistake, just leave a comment below and I will fix it as soon as I can :)

 
My poor little bear wasn't feeling so hot today so I quickly snapped a few shots of the hat on her and let her go! Maybe another day I can get some better pictures.
 

 

 
What you need:

Hook: F

Yarn: Patons 100% Wool (worsted weight), 2 colors if you want a band.

Foundation row: Ch 3, 13 hdc in 3rd chain from hook. Join to top chain of original chain 3.

Row 1: Ch 2, hdc in same space, 2hdc in each space around. (28 hdc total) Join to top of ch 2 with a slip stitch.

Row 2: Ch 2, hdc in same space, 1 hdc in next space, *2hdc in next space, 1 hdc in next space* around. Join to top of ch 2 with slip stitch.

Row 3: Ch 2, hdc in same space, 1 hdc in next 5 spaces, *2hdc in next space, 1 hdc in next 5 spaces* around. Join to top of ch 2 with a slip stitich.

Row 4: Ch 2, hdc in same space, 1 hdc in next 6 spaces, *2hdc in next space, 1hdc in next 6 spaces* around. Join to top of ch2 with a slip stitch.

Row 5-11: Ch 2, hdc in each space around. Join to top of ch 2 with a slip stitch.

Row 12, 13: Switch to color for band. Ch 2, hdc in each space around. Join to top of ch2 with a slip stitch.

Row 14: Ch 2, hdc in same space, 1 hdc in next 7 spaces, 2 hdc in next space, *1 hdc in next 7 spaces, 2 hdc in next space* around. Join to top of ch 2 with a slip stitch.

Row 15: Ch 2, hdc in same space, 1 hdc in next 8 spaces, 2 hdc in next space, *1hdc in next 8 spaces, 2 hdc in next space* around. Join to top of ch 2 with a slip stitch.

Row 16: Ch 2, hdc in same space, 1 hdc in next 9 spaces, 2hdc in next space, *1 hdc in next 9 spaces, 2 hdc in next space* around. Join to top of ch 2 with a slip stitch.

Row 17: Ch 1, sc in same space, 1 sc in next 10 spaces, 2 sc in next space, *1 sc in next 10 spaces, 2 sc in next space* around. Join to top with a slip stitch.

Finish off!

I hope you enjoy this pattern! You can sell products you make with this pattern but DO NOT sell this pattern. I spend a lot of time on these pattern and if you appreciate the work I do and would like me to continue, you can donate using the button on the right side (avg. donation is $3). Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment